Friday, May 21, 2010

The Triumphant Return

I am currently sitting in my incredibly cluttered room in the basement of my house. I woke up to a gray sky and windy...winds. I was unable to accomplish my goal of mowing the lawn yesterday, so it definitely needed to be done today. I was not aware that it had rained overnight/this morning, so the grass was pretty damp. If you have ever mowed a lawn, you know that wet grass means lots of stops and dumping the grass. Normally, I'd be frustrated but frankly, I'm just glad to be home and able to be outside doing work, even though it's a shitty day outside.

In addition, I've been sick the last few days, but I'm feeling better now. This cold seems to happen every time I come back from Hawaii. I'm guessing that it's just the climate difference. Or the very unclean planes that I fly on. Or my allergies finally having a chance to prove their worth, since there's not much on the islands that disturbs me.

It's been great seeing friends again. Facebook and Skype don't stand a chance when it comes to hanging out and going places and doing things (despite what the younger generations may think). I think this summer will turn out to be just about perfect. If things keep going like this, I'll be very thankful and appreciative.

Anyways, I should probably unpack and put everything away since I'm not going back to Hawaii, but I did just borrow a game that I've been dying to play, so packing is on the backburner for now.

Aloha from Minnesota,
~Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment